Friday, November 21, 2014

Thanksgiving and Family

I am really happy and excited that Thanksgiving is at my house this year, again, and my little family is coming home.  My grandson is coming from college for holiday break.  My granddaughter is coming from DC where she lives and works since graduating college.  My daughter, who lives nearby, is helping with groceries and preparation.  My Village Mayor is sending over a turkey for Thanksgiving and two pies!  This is Heaven.

Then to make things even better, my daughter is moving out of her apartment and in with me!  She plans on doing this at the end of the year.  So we have cleared the guest room, cleared several closets in other bedrooms, cleared an office (bedroom) and made it the new guest room, where my son can stay when he visits.  I've kept one bedroom for my workout room, and we have a bonus room/bedroom in the basement for my grandson when he comes to stay for the summer.  In all, this house has three bedrooms, a master suite and a basement bonus room that is used as a bedroom.  Also, my old office in the basement will be for my daughter to use since I have retired from my work, and the unfinished side will be for storage.

I saved this house and stayed in it for this purpose.  First my son came home and stayed for a couple of years when things got rough in Chicago.  He returned to college and changed careers.  Now he is settled in Florida loving his new job and career path in education.

My daughter is also in education and has the responsibility of paying students loans for herself, her daughter and college expenses for her son.  So she is under big financial obigations.  She is recovering from divorce and bills that fell to her. Staying with me for a while will help to ease those expenses and get out of the overwhelming debt.

I know that God has given me this house for just this purpose and for a such a time as this.  I'm so happy and content to do what God has called me to do and to live by the Spirit in the Kingdom of God.




No comments:

Post a Comment