Saturday, January 10, 2015

My Greatest Desire in Life!

My greatest desire in life has been fulfilled.  I have a young woman to help me clean my house and torganize my stuff.   Years ago on a retreat we were asked what did we desire most.  I had a demanding job that took every last bit of energy and I said, "I want a big hous, wth lot of spacee and someone toclean it.  That desire was answered by a mouse.

I had a mouse invasion when I came back from vacation.   I needed help cleaning and organizing.  I had to buy D-con pelletts and that stuff works. We neve had mice before.

My daughter saw the mouse twice in the wee hurs ofthe morning.  It had found the dog food and chewed a hole in it and my pantry and laundry room closet was full of the mouse droppings.  I pulled everything outI and began cleaning.  Then it seemed they moved from there to my kitchen d rawers.  Cleaned them three times and the last time I put in the D-con.  I saw  green droppings, evidence that the mouse or mice were eating good.  Waited a few days and no new signs.    But I needed help.

The young woman came over and organized the laundry room closet and cleaned the lower cabinet that held my garbage cans.   My junky closet is so organized now.  She cleaned and stacked  my milk crates to hold hats and scarves.  My coats are hung nicely.  I did some work too. My pantry is clean and organized and I am a happy camper. She also straightened my red hats in the front hall closet and has her eyes on improving that one..  She is a great organizer.  Can't wait until she comes back.

Next time she comes we will tackle my bedroom walk-in closet and storage space.  Then we will clean the areas I can't get to any more.  Lik under beds, behind dressers, inside windows and seals, baseboards and dusty corners,, and all that stuff. After that she will come regularly to clean my house and keep it clean.  She loves her work and I love having her.  She is a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment