Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Happy, Content & Writing Again

Wow! I haven't been here in over 4 years.  Glad this space is still here.  A lot has happened.  First of all, I've become more active with my chapter of the Red Hatters.  We're all about having fun and I need that to break away from the seriousness of life.  There are eight of us, all royalty.  We have a Contessa, a Dame, founding members, then later came a Lady, a Lady-in-waiting, a Baroness, an Empress, a Princess and the founding Queen Kathryn, which is me.  We've been to Hawaii and planning on Mexico next.   There have been several trips to Florida with my best travel buddy, Contessa Joyce.  I moved my prayer room to my big master closet right in front of the window where the sun rises and light streams in.  So in the morning I enjoy my Bible reading there and my devotions and my personal conversations with God.  I love this morning time.  I can pray for my family, friends, community, and the President and his family.

Speaking of the President, I am grateful that God let him have a second term even after some of the really big, unbiblical things he has loosed on this nation.  But would a Mormon have been better that a compromising Christian?   I guess God thought not.  So now to see what God accomplishes for this nation through him in these last couple of years of the Obama administration.  I pray it will be something glorious with the backingof God.  I am glad our President has done some things by executive action since an opposing political Congress has opposed him at every turn.

I have the greatest companion. I'm loving my little dog Chloe.  She love me unconditionally. She follows me everywhere and watches TV from the couch with me and when I am preparing my food and eat, she eats her food, waiting for me to bless it before she digs in.  My cat Sam, is an outdoor cat now and he comes and goes as he pleases.  I believe he has a second family.  :-)

My son came home and stayed with me for a couple of years while going back to  the university to take courses in preparation for a new career in education.  Now he is teaching in Florida at a charter school and making a difference in the lives of middle school boys and girls.  He really likes doing this.  He has earned both a certificate in leadership and student counseling and past a general knowledge test for teaching.  Math is his teaching subject and he is also certified as a coach.  So he can do several jobs as an educator.

My daughter has resumed her given name and is a free woman living in a great apartment, teaching Yoga and being an elementary school librarian.  She and I get together once a month or so to have dinner and see a movie and go shopping.  I really have fun with her.

My favorite thing to do is go on family vacations that include my grandchildren who are grown but still like being together.  We sometimes go to Canada in the summer and recently went south to Florida.  My least favorite thing is maintaining this big house, but I want to have a house big enough and here for my family whenever they need it-  when they need to take a break from the world and regroup.  My home is a respite and a place of healing with the Spirit of God here to nurture and restore the soul.  I love being alone with God here.  Though I know the future of this house is more than for just me and my family.  God has shown me He has big plans.

So until next time.  Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment